Starting a Lash Business: Everything You Need To Succeed
Here at Sugarlash PRO, we understand the excitement that comes with starting your own lash business. Whether you plan to run it from home, rent space in a salon, or offer mobile services, there are several key considerations. With our experience in training aspiring lash technicians, we recognize the questions and concerns that often arise during this journey.
To assist you in your venture, we've compiled the top 10 essential tips for launching your eyelash extension business:
Invest in Quality Training and Accreditation:
We’ve discussed previously the importance of education and staying up to date on the latest techniques and services.Training is the foundation of a successful lash business. Ensure that you undergo comprehensive, accredited training to boost your skills and your clients’ experiences. Continuous learning, even beyond your initial qualification, can enhance your reputation, rapport, and build your skills.
Source Premium Supplies:
Invest in high-quality lash supplies, either through starter kits or bulk buying for cost savings. Quality products contribute to better results and client satisfaction. Keep an eye on the shelf life of adhesives to minimize waste.
Using top-tier lash supplies, such as those offered by Sugarlash PRO, is fundamental to delivering exceptional results. High-quality extensions, adhesives, and tools ensure that your work not only looks stunning but also lasts longer. This translates to happier clients who will be more likely to return for future appointments.
- Sugarlash PRO Runway / Plush / Flat Lash Extensions: Sugarlash PRO provides a variety of lash extensions, including their iconic Runway, Plush, and Flat styles. These extensions are made with the highest quality fibers and have been rigorously tested by lash artists to ensure they are lash artist approved, resulting in a consistent, premium look for your clients.
- Adhesive: Sugarlash PRO offers adhesives designed for various lash techniques. Signature Bond is a universal adhesive perfect for all lash artists of any level. Bond Noir is a quick drying adhesive designed for experienced lash artists and volume pros. Naked Bond is formulated without carbon black, making it the ideal bond for clients who are sensitive to Signature Bond.
- Tools and Accessories: Sugarlash PRO's range of tools and accessories, such as tweezers and lash trays, are meticulously crafted to make your work more precise and efficient, ultimately contributing to better client satisfaction.
Build and Retain a Client Base:
To start, you need to attract new clients. Consider these approaches:
- Offer Special Promotions: As a new lash artist, you can offer introductory discounts or promotions to entice new clients. This provides an incentive for people to try your services.
- Network Locally: Attend local events, join business networks, and connect with other beauty professionals. Building relationships within your community can lead to referrals and collaborations.
- Online Presence: As previously discussed, having a strong online presence is essential. Share your work on social media to attract potential clients who are actively seeking lash services.
- Consistent Quality: Ensure that every client receives the same high-quality service. Consistency builds trust and encourages repeat business.
Encouraging Word-of-Mouth Recommendations:
- Satisfied clients can become your best promoters. Here's how to encourage word-of-mouth recommendations:
- Request Reviews: After each appointment, kindly ask clients to leave a review on platforms like Google, Yelp, or Facebook. Positive reviews serve as endorsements and help attract new clients.
- Referral Schemes: Implement a referral program where existing clients receive incentives for referring new clients. For example, offer a discount on their next appointment for each successful referral.
- Incentivize Sharing: Encourage clients to share their lash extension results on social media. You can create a unique hashtag for your business and reward clients who use it with discounts or freebies.
Implementing Loyalty Programs:
- Once you've attracted clients, it's crucial to retain them. Loyalty programs can be highly effective for client retention. Here's how to make them work:
- Points-Based Programs: Create a system where clients earn points for each appointment or purchase. These points can be redeemed for discounts, free services, or lash care products.
- Tiered Loyalty Programs: Segment your clients into tiers based on their loyalty or spending. Each tier can offer increasing benefits, such as exclusive access to new services or higher discounts.
- Birthday Rewards: Send personalized birthday offers to clients. A special birthday discount or a complimentary service can make clients feel appreciated.
- Regular Communication: Keep your loyal clients engaged by sending them exclusive updates, promotions, and helpful tips through email newsletters. This keeps your business top of mind.
- Referral Integration: Combine loyalty and referral programs. Offer existing clients points or rewards for referring new clients, creating a win-win situation.
Exceptional Customer Service:
- Delivering exceptional customer service goes without saying and is at the core of retaining clients. Ensure that clients have a positive experience from the moment they inquire about your services until they leave your lash studio. This includes:
- Being punctual for appointments.
- Providing a comfortable and hygienic environment.
- Listening to and addressing client concerns.
- Offering aftercare advice and products.
- Staying professional and respectful.
Focus on Marketing and Online Presence:
Building a robust online presence is critical for any modern business, including your eyelash extension venture. Here's a more detailed look at how to focus on marketing and enhancing your online visibility:
Social Media Marketing:
- Utilize various social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok to showcase your work and engage with your target audience. Here's how to make the most of it:
- Visual Content: Post high-quality images and videos of your lash extension work. Highlight before-and-after transformations to demonstrate your skills.
- Consistency: Maintain a regular posting schedule to keep your audience engaged. Use a content calendar to plan your posts in advance.
- Engagement: Interact with your followers by responding to comments, messages, and questions promptly. Engaging with your audience humanizes your brand.
- User-Generated Content: Encourage satisfied clients to share their lash extension results on their social media and tag your business. User-generated content acts as authentic endorsements.
- Educational Content: Provide valuable information about lash extensions. Share tips on aftercare, maintenance, and general eye health. This positions you as an expert in your field.
Google My Business (GMB):
- Setting up a Google My Business page is a powerful way to enhance your local visibility and credibility. Here's what you should do:
- Claim Your Business: If you haven't already, claim your business on Google. Fill in all the necessary information, including your location, contact details, and opening hours.
- Positive Reviews: Encourage satisfied clients to leave reviews on your GMB page. Positive reviews boost your online reputation and attract potential clients.
- Photos: Add high-quality photos of your lash studio, your work, and any special features that make your space stand out.
- Posts: GMB allows you to make posts, similar to social media updates. Use this feature to share news, promotions, and updates about your business.
- Regular Updates: Keep your GMB page current by updating your business information, responding to reviews, and posting fresh content.
- Having a professional website is crucial for establishing credibility and providing a centralized platform for potential clients. Here's what you should consider:
- Portfolio: Create an online portfolio showcasing your best work. Include before-and-after photos, client testimonials, and case studies.
- Contact Information: Make it easy for visitors to get in touch with you. Include a contact form, phone number, and email address.
- Pricing and Services: Clearly outline your services and pricing. Transparency about what clients can expect is essential.
- Blog: Maintain a blog on your website where you can share in-depth articles about lash care, industry trends, and other relevant topics. This can help with search engine optimization (SEO) and position you as an expert.
- Consider implementing an email marketing strategy. Collect email addresses from clients and interested prospects. Send newsletters with updates, promotions, and helpful lash care tips. Email marketing is an effective way to stay in touch with your audience.
Remember, starting your eyelash extension business is a journey with challenges and rewards. By following these steps, you'll be well-prepared to embark on your path to success. If you're unsure where to start, consider exploring our range of eyelash extension kits to kickstart your business with premium lash products.
Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance in your entrepreneurial journey.